I’m not planning on dying soon, but this summer is nearly kaput. Some kids are already back to school. We start back when the local public schools do, the week after Labor Day.
I’m just not ready for new pencils and shopping for plaid until September. It won’t drop into the 80’s until then anyway. It just doesn’t seem right.
I’ve made a list of things I want to do before I declare this summer fully used up.
- Go on an insane cross-country car trip with all six of us.
- Watch the sun rise over water.
- Go on a boat.
- Bury my feet in the sand.
- Look for dolphins.
- Swim in a lake.
- Drink a Coke in Atlanta.
- Eat Blue Bell ice cream in Texas.
- Take a picture of my kids ALL smiling (without Photoshop).
- Eat shrimp in New Orleans.
- Hold a car wash to raise money for my Girl Scout troop.
- Drink sweet tea with friends on a porch or deck.
- Eat as many local tomatoes and as much fresh basil as I can stand.
- Buy sweet corn from a farm stand.
- Take the kids for ice cream or slushies from a place where you have to walk up to a window to order.
- Ride a rollercoaster.
This sounds like an ambitious goal, but I think I can get a lot of these done this month.
Do you have any specific things you’d like to accomplish by summer’s end?