- I love frozen drinks of all kinds during the summer.
- Despite all the back to school buzz in stores and on television, schools don’t start here until after Labor Day.
- So, I’m still in full-on fall denial.
- I’m determined to eke out the last of summer until the leaves fall.
- To help in my eke-ing, SheSpeaks sent me Arbor Mist frozen wine cocktails to test out.
- The product was delivered to me when I was in New York City for BlogHer earlier this month. Through a series of unfortunate events. I had to make a run to my local grocery store and buy more to test out.
- Luckily, my Food Lion was fully stocked. Crisis averted!
- My Food Lion has two sections for drinks: one for bottles of wine, and another for beer and mixers. If you thought the pouches of wine would be in the wine section of my store, you would be wrong.
- I found the silver foil pouches on an endcap near the chilled malt beverage drinks. Who knew?
- At a dollar and ninety-nine cents each, the price is right for these little beauties.
- They are sold un-frozen, so rushing home from the store to keep them from melting is not an issue.
- I bought all three flavors: Blackberry Merlot, Strawberry White Zinfandel, White Pear Pinot Grigio.
- All I had to do was freeze (about five hours for maximum slush factor), gently massage the pouch to break it up a little, then pour.
- Each pouch held two or three servings, depending on how generous your pour is. It took me all week to try all three flavors. The sacrifices I make!
- To be honest I was more than a little skeptical about Arbor Mist Frozen Wine Cocktails beforehand. I’m not a wine snob, but I have been drinking wine long enough to appreciate good stuff.
- All three flavors were fruity and light. I thought they were very tasty and perfect for drinking on the deck as the sun goes down.
- The White Pear was a little too sweet for me. I preferred the Blackberry and the Strawberry. I thought they were more fruit than wine, which isn’t bad at the end of a long summer day.
- The pouches are a good design. Easy to open and pour. Not much garbage when you are done. Easy to pack and carry to the beach house, since they aren’t bulky or fragile.
- So, a thumbs-up from me for Arbor Mist Frozen Wine Cocktails. Keep an eye out from them where you buy wine.
- I was not compensated for this review and I even wound up buying my own wine to test out, despite SheSpeaks being so nice and sending me product originally. All thoughts and opinions in this post are my own.
Jenn @therebelchick says
I thought that these were really good! I loved the blackberry merlot. 🙂 They aren’t selling them yet in my store so I asked the manager to order them!
Marie Howard says
I don’t indulge often, but these look awfully good- I might try them! Strawberry-White sounds tasty! Thank you!