Last year I had an amazing meal at hosted by Bonefish Grill. It was the first time I tried their signature Bang Bang Shrimp and some of the best Ahi Tuna Sashima I’ve ever had. I was surprised to have really spectacular seafood at a grill-type chain restaurant.
This year I was invited back to sample Bonefish Grill’s newest seasonal menu, the Fire + Ice Pre-Fixe.
Breaking out of winter and springing into warmer weather, Bonefish Grill’s award-winning Chef Cliff Pleau has juxtaposed flavors + textures that are both spicy + nice. The new Fire + Ice Pre-Fixe menu features three courses starting at $19.90, focused on providing an incredible experience at a great value. Bonefish Grill features culinary forward and unique combinations on the three-course menu (from both land and sea) including:
• Cold Water Lobster Tail — Steamed and seasoned, served with warm drawn butter, crispy smashed Yukon Gold potatoes and spring sugar Snap peas. My older daughter selected this, and it was a show stopper! Paired with a salad and dessert, this entrée was the perfect size.
Something about lobster tail always feels so fancy, and this didn’t disappoint. While my daughter said everything was excellent, the highlight for her was the little miniature pan of butter kept melty over a tiny candle. It’s the little touches that make a meal special.
• Dynamite Opah — Nicknamed “moonfish,” Opah is a great fish for the grill with a firm steak-like texture. It’s topped with lump Crab meat, sautéed spinach, and finished with a creamy aioli. Next time, I’ll try this one, just to be able to say “Opah!”
• Shrimp + Scallop Firepot — Jumbo shrimps and scallops finished firepot style, served with rustic cut vegetables and Yukon gold potatoes. Finished with spring sugar snap peas. This was my first choice, but I had to forego because it was the only meal part of the new menu to contain cilantro, which I can’t eat. I watched with longing as other diners around us had this delivered. It looks amazing, you lucky cilanto-eaters!
• Grilled Lamb Chops — Seasoned and lightly caramelized, served with crispy Yukon gold potatoes. I was surprised my younger daughter picked this since we’ve had lamb at home no more than once or twice. She loved the lollipop-style chops which she said were cooked to perfection. I love the idea of lamb for spring, so here’s a delicious opportunity.
• Oscar Turbot — From the land of fire and ice, Greenland Turbot is sautéed piccata-style and topped with jumbo lump crab meat and asparagus. Served with mushroom ravioli, spring peas and roasted pepper.
My choice for dinner—I’d eat anything piccata-style—had a generous helping of lump crap on a lightly-breaded Turbot filet. With the unique ravioli and the spring vegetables, I had hardly any room for the…
DIY Doughnuts — a Bonefish Grill house specialty of croissant-like doughnut holes, tossed in cinnamon sugar served with both sea salt caramel, chocolate sauce, and whipped cream.
To add more splendor to the spring menu, Bonefish Grill has also introduced a new Blueberry Cold Snap Cocktail, served in a frozen glass made entirely of ice. It’s a house-made infusion of fresh blueberries + Reyka vodka, organic “Art in the Age Rhubarb” liqueur + lemon. Finished with a hint or lavender bitters + aromatic lavender stem. I *had* to order this and try a sip, you know, to be thorough.
I thought the bright astringency of the lavender was a nice balance to the sweetness of the blueberries. The ice tumbler its served in makes it worth ordering, just for the novelty factor.
So, my return trip to the Bonefish Grill was a success. Our server was attentive and helpful, and the manager made the rounds of the restaurants stopping to talk to each table. We had a delicious, relaxing meal!
Disclosure: I was compensated with this meal to obtain an honest review. I was not required to express any certain opinions, and no other compensation was provided. I’ve become a fan of Bonefish Grill and recommend it as worth checking out. Find one near you at BonefishGrill.com.
See what other diners think of the new spring menu by searching social media for the hashtag #IncredibleIs.